Most of the business tips that I’ve shared on this blog have had to do with networking, probably because this can be such a challenging activity for introverts. But although networking is a very important aspect of marketing, it’s certainly not the only one.
Here are some other ways that introverts can really tap into their strengths when promoting their products or services.
- Do your research before you meet with a potential client. If you’re well prepared for your meeting, you’re less likely to find yourself at a loss for words.
- Ask open-ended questions and listen to what your prospect has to say.
- Write awesome follow-up letters for optimum results.
- Establish your credibility by blogging, writing articles, or speaking to small groups.
- Build relationships with journalists who will be happy to tap into your expertise, giving you free exposure at the same time.
For more information about any of these strategies, read An Introvert’s Guide to Marketing and Selling like a Pro.